MP3 Craig Werth - Loose Gems
Original folk crafted with clear voice, poetic lyrics and fresh fingerstyle guitar that conjures from the corners of heart and mind the "loose gems" of our lives.
15 MP3 Songs
FOLK: Modern Folk, FOLK: Folk Pop
New Hampshire musician, songwriter, educator, and humorist, Craig Werth, has been performing at coffeehouses, folk festivals, concert halls, and schools (from kindergarten to college) for more than 25 years. He also brings some 25 years of experience as a counselor, teacher, outreach caseworker, builder of musical instruments, and family man to his writing and performing. Craig''s compositions explore topics ranging from natural wonders like whales, dinosaurs, and zucchinis, to relationships, parenting, his Newfoundland heritage and Long Island childhood. He performs primarily with voice, guitars, Celtic-style bouzouki, and appalachian mountain dulcimer.
* Featured on Volume I of the "Seacoast Songwriters" Sampler CD. produced by Harvey Reid and released in November of 2001.
* First Place Winner Prescott Arts Acoustic Songwriting contests for both "When I Go" and "Something In Us All" (judged by acoustic-folk DJs and music professionals from Maine and New Hanpshire.)
* Finalist in the New England-wide "Waterfronts and Waterways" songwriting competion for lyrics and dulcimer work on his song about life in Newfoundland, "Hard and Precious."
* Opener for artists including Cliff Eberhardt, Neil and Leandra, Kevin So, and Christine Lavin.
* Featured by Christine Lavin on her annual radio show on New York''s WFUV radio.
* Craig''s "Loose Gems" CD has received airplay throughout the US and parts of Europe.
* Published writing includes an essay in the book "Soul of the Sky: The Human Side of Weather"
(along with essays by Sebastian Younger and Annie Dillard).
"Craig''s CD just blew me away" - Micah Engber, Maine Public Radio
"I was surprised [his performance] didn''t stink." - Bill X., freshman, Noble High School
"If you like Dave Mallet and John Gorka, you''ll like Craig Werth. His voice and guitar work are absolutely wonderful" - Annie Provenzano, WMWV Radio
"Craig''s very literary and melodic songs are in the tradition of thoughtful New England writers." - Harvey Reid
"Loose Gems is a wonderful CD." - Kate McNally, WEVO Radio
"...all of the tunes on this disc are superb. All of the tunes are gems, and so is the recording itself." - Spotlight magazine, Portsmouth, NH