MP3 Mark Williams - Mindfulness Meditations with Mark Williams
A set of meditations covering all the practices used in the eight week Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) program at the Oxford Mindfulness Centre, Oxford, England.
8 MP3 Songs in this album (213:55) !
Related styles: Spoken Word: Instructional, Type: Live Recordings
People who are interested in Jon Kabat-Zinn should consider this download.
1. Body Scan Meditation - used daily for the first two weeks. The instructions teach us to shift attention throughout the body to explore directly sensations in the body, without having to change them or achieve any special state.
2. Stretch and Breath Meditation - used during Week 3 of the programme (on alternate days). A sequence of five simple standing stretches bring body sensations into focus during each movement, and is followed by a sitting meditation with focus on sensations of the breath.
3. Mindful Movement Meditation - used during Week 3 of the programme, alternating with the Stretch and Breath. Simple stretches starting from a lying posture allow participants to explore sensations of the body in movement and stillness, and to explore the how the body has limits that can be respected without judgement and self-criticism.
4. Breathing Space Meditation, used 3 times a day from week 3.
5. 40 min Sitting Meditation - used daily from Week 4 of the programme. Instructions invite us to focus on the breath, the body, sounds, thoughts and feelings. We learn to see our thoughts and feelings from a new perspective, relating to them just as we relate to sounds, and discovering that thoughts often come and go like clouds in the sky.
6. 20 minute Sitting Meditation, an option to be used from week 6.
7. 10 minute Sitting Meditation, an option to be used from week 6.
8. 30 minute period of Silence with bells at 5,10, 15, 20 and 30 minutes, an option to be used from week 6.