MP3 Bob Speidell - Song And Dance Man
Melodic Fingerstyle Guitar
10 MP3 Songs
FOLK: Folk Blues, ROCK: Acoustic
Thanks for your interest in my music! I''m a longtime musician and music educator from North Brunswick, New Jersey. This CD represents my interest in musical composition and my love for guitar music. These compositions have led me away from my more familiar role as an ensemble musician and conductor to that of instrumental soloist. Indeed, with "Song and Dance Man" - I get to take center stage for the first time.
This all instrumental CD fits most appropriately in the Modern Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar genre. My guitar influences are many - Leo Kottke, Jorma Kaukonen, Tony McManus, Martin Simpson, Howard Emerson and Al Pettiway just to name a few. I''d like to think that these ten pieces are also "impressionistic" in nature, each with their own character and "backstory":
1. On With The Show - A curtain-raiser with an eye toward the style of those great 60''s tunes we love, even if we won''t admit it.
2. Dancin'' On The Wind - A two-part Celtic inspired selection, with a rhythm section featuring African djembe and Cajun rhythm spoons.
3. Druidesque - As mysterious as the Druids themselves, composed by my son Jeff (of the progressive rock/fusion group East Of The Wall) and myself.
4. Schemers and Dreamers - Straight ahead acoustic blues/rock.
5. Southampton (from "Titanic") - My take on one of the beautiful selections from the James Horner soundtrack of the film.
6. Shadows In The Hall - A little theme music for the things that go bump in the night.
7. Back In The Day - Some nostalgia music for those memories you wish you had.
8. Spring Storm - A two part guitar/slide guitar duet - kind of Andres Segovia meets Robert Johnson.
9. Song And Dance Man - A guitar solo for that street musician you loved - but never caught his name.
10. Summer''s End - A "slide" solo with guitar accompaniment. Wistful,yet hopeful I''ve been told.
Making this CD has been an exciting journey indeed, and I hope this music speaks to you in some small way.