MP3 Phil McGee - Electric Mix - Tasty live & studio tune treats
The cream of live and studio recordings by Phil McGee and his bands over the last 15 years, with guest performances by Martin Fierro, Will Scarlett, and Steve Kimock.
14 MP3 Songs in this album (69:11) !
Related styles: Rock: Americana, Rock: Jam-band, Featuring Guitar
People who are interested in Allman Brothers Band String Cheese Incident Van Morrison should consider this download.
PHIL MCGEE: ELECTRIC MIX -- track notes:
It has been my pleasure to play on, contribute arrangements, and oversee the mixes of these recordings with each of the bands I have played with over the last decade and a half. Special thanks to our fabulous guest artists: guitar guru Steve Kimock, harmonica master Will Scarlett, and the late, great, and greatly missed Martin Fierro on sax.
7Th Direction - Studio recordings: w/ the great Martin Fierro on tenor sax.
1. 100 Miles Gone: I play guitar, piano, and organ on this one, and share vocals with rhythm guitarist Cory Brown.
2. Sunday In The Morning: written and sung by keyboardist Mike Goodin, captures the feeling just after you''ve met the girl of your dreams... Featuring Martin Fierro on Sax, with Piano and Guitar by Phil McGee.
3. No More: written and sung by Cory Brown. A rockin’ studio take with the Meester.
4. The Future Ain’t What It Used To Be: My wistful tune commemorating what''s been lost and what lives on of the hippie 60s.
5. Just Like Icarus: by bassist Assaf Jaffe, sung by Phil. Moving on from heartache, with a little help from the band.
6. Grass On The Highway: Cory’s tune, thanks for letting me sing it. With the amazing Will Scarlett on harmonica
7Th Direction – Live at Ex’Pression Center for Digital Arts:
7. Hand of Fate: From our last Meyer Hall webcast, 7/17/07. Watch out!
8. Sweetheart Like You: From our first Meyer Hall webcast, 9/13/01. Capturing the essence of this classic Dylan tune.
California Sun Kings studio project 1999:
9. Sun Goes Down: Written by drummer Jay Young and keyboardist/vocalist Lachlann Kane; with Nevin Kane on harp, I''m on guitars and mandolin.
10. Outskirts of Paradise: A tune written with Scott Cooper featuring compressed sliding strats and a bluesy 50s danelectro solo.
Others / Elsewhere:
11. One Clear Moment: Deep Blue Sea having a great time outdoors at Santa Cruz Spring Fair 5/3/94.
12. Something To Talk About: Boogieman demo from 1996 with Ms. Patti Cobb on keys and lead vocals
13. Tell Mama: playing a 1954 Les Paul GoldTop on this one.
14. Soul Roach: From a jam at Camp Winarainbow 6/21/1996 with Steve Kimock and Liam Hanrahan.
Many thanks to my bandmates and the additional musicians:
7th Direction: Asaf Jaffe, Cory Brown, Ted Berry, Dan Cohen #1,5,6,8
Asaf Jaffe, Cory Brown, Mike Goodin, Phil Hodges #2-4,7
w/ Martin Fierro- saxophone on #2-5 & Will Scarlett- harmonica on #6
Ca Sun Kings: Lachlann & Nevin Kane, Jay Young & Tom McManus #9-10
Deep Blue Sea: Danny Pau, Keith Hamm & Scott Cooper #11
Boogieman: Patti Cobb, Tom McManus & Russ St. John #12-13
Jam: with Steve Kimock guitar, Liam Hanrahan bass #14