Robin Nixon: HTML & HTML5 Crash Course
Whether you are a professional or amateur web developer you need all the HTML5 tools in your kit, and this book from the author of the best-selling Learning PHP, MySQL & JavaSript, is the fastest and easiest way there is to learn HTML5.
HTML5 is the future of HTML and all developers need to get up-to-speed with what it offers, including audio and video, without using a plug-in, and a canvas area with professional tools for creating paths, lines, curves, shapes, fills, gradients, patterns, text and more.
It also provides accurate geolocation, background web workers, offline web applications, microdata, a local storage engine and many other improvements to standard HTML, such as dozens of new form tags and attributes, as described in the following chapter list:
Introduction to HTML
The Layout of an HTML Document
The HTML Document Body
Fonts, Colors & Images
Lists & Tables
Links, Forms & Frames
List of HTML 4.01 Tags
An Introduction To HTML5
The HTML5 Canvas
Fills, Rectangles, Gradients & Patterns
Writing Text To The Canvas
Lines, Paths & Curves
Images, Shadows & Pixels
Compositing, Transparency & Transformations
HTML5 Local Storage
Microdata, Web Workers & Web Applications
Five reasons you will learn all you need from this course:
1. Each Lecture begins by listing the three key skills you will learn.
2. A summary at the end of each lecture reminds you what you have learned.
3. Useful, fully-tested examples illustrate every tag, attribute and function.
4. Each lecture features several notes providing extra, handy advice.
5. The examples can all be downloaded from the companion website.