MP3 The Dr. Watson Band - Welcome To The World
Amusical remedy that will make you feel good: a bit of country, a bit of rock and roll, a touch of jazz, blues, and world music, and lots of good humor.
13 MP3 Songs
ROCK: Americana, COUNTRY: Country Blues
THE DR. WATSON BAND
The Dr. Watson Band is the latest project from the demented mind of Dennis Watson, piano player/singer/songwriter (see bio below). The band is made up of some of the finest musicians in the Geneva area and a live concert is a fun filled event that should not be missed. Though many say the music is country, country purists would probably say that it''s not . It''s actually a mixture of country, rock and roll, blues, jazz, western swing, zydeco, and various other styles. Many songs are funny, most tell a story, most stories are true. Here is a little info about the songs:
https://www.tradebit.comcome to the World-I wrote this one for the birth of my son, Dylan. A song of welcome for all newborn babies with a samba beat.
2. I Can''t Wait to Get Back to Dallas- I met my Swiss wife while playing in Dallas, Texas. This is one of the stories of how we met.
3. We Don''t speak much In English- Another story of how we met and ended up in Switzerland.
4. Whatever Happened To The Neighborhood- What happened to all my old school chums and neighbors? This is a true story of crime, sex, drugs, deaths, and rock and roll.
5. That''s Why I''ve Got The Blues- a funny one here. Perspiration odor, bad breath, heartbreak of psoriasis, these are just a few of the reasons why I have the blues.
6. I Don''t Want to Work No More- Who does? You can sing this one everyday before you go to work. Don''t forget to buy your lottery ticket!
7. I Want My Drugs- Dare to stand up and say it! A very fun song for all.
8. Can This Marriage Be Saved?- Based on Dr. Ruth''s article of the same name, this hilarious song tells a story of erectile disfunction. a funny song about a not so funny subject.
9. Grandpa''s Recipe- Yee Haw! Stomp your feet and slap your knees and drink some good moonshine!
10. Zydeco On The Bayou- I wrote this one after seeing a great zydeco band in Des Moines, Iowa. I changed the setting to the Louisiana bayou and the menu to catfish to fit the spirit of the song.
11. Come On, Baby- A bit of rock-a-billy flavor here, just a fun song.
12. 20 Years From Now, Things Will Be Greatly Changed Around Here- The WWF warns us that in twenty years at our present rate of consumption and population growth we will have to find several other planets to inhabit, an unlikely possibility. In any case things will be quite different. Would you like some Soylent Green?
13. Tu Ne Me Fait Pas Chier Trop- Translated-"You Don''t Make Me Shit too Much". A very rustic way of saying "I Love You".
FOR BOOKING INFORMATION CONTACT:
2 RUE DES BATTOIRS
TEL. (022) 320 66 42
E-MAIL : drwatsonband@https://www.tradebit.com
Dennis Watson, also known as "Dr. Watson", is an American-born singer/songwriter and keyboard player. Born September 28, 1957 in Winterset, Iowa, Dennis spent his childhood in Des Moines, Iowa where he started musical studies on piano at about age 8, also studying trumpet and playing in the school band. At age 13 he formed his first rock band, Euphoria, playing school dances and private parties in the Des Moines area. In 1978, Dennis moved to the state of Washington and entered the music program at Western Washington University in Bellingham in 1980, working his way through college with various rock, blues, jazz and country groups. In 1984 he received his Bachelor of Music degree in Piano Performance and soon after moved to Los Angeles, California, where he had the opportunity to play with many fine musicians and groups, including the Coasters, Bobby Freeman, Leslie Gore, Bo Didley, the Drifters, the Hollywood Argyles and many others. On tour in Dallas, Texas he met a girl from Switzerland, and in 1989 he packed his bags again and headed off for Switzerland. A Geneva resident since 1990, Dennis has been playing around Switzerland and nearby France with such groups as Fever and Chill (Country), Reveille-Toi Papa (Oldies), B-Brand (Blues), Ribs and Bacon (R&B), Blacklist (with singer Sam Seale), The Urban Blues Section, and others. In 1993 he released the single "I''ve Got A Bigger Bomb Than You", a sarcastic paraphrase of the foreign policy of the Bush administration. His new album, "Welcome To The World" continues in his wild and crazy song writing style and features thirteen fun original songs. In addition to band activities, Dennis teaches piano and raises his two children, a cat and a guinea pig.