Voted most original song for all genres in https://www.tradebit.com competition, week of October 1, 2007.
What listeners have to say: "Edgy and Alt Gold." "Killer piano and drums." "Great voice!" "Very original." "Intelligent lyrics." "This is great music." "A lot of fun to listen to. I can''t stop laughing!"
The White Ravens bring rock back to its roots and reinvent it anew - fun, fresh, edgy, and smart. These indie rockers feature the original songs of brother-sister singer-songwriters, William and Amy Bennett. Musically sophisticated beyond his years, 15-year old William covers the keyboard and guitar and musical compositions. 16-year old sister Amy handles the intelligent lyrics, fresh vocals, and driving bass. Funkadellic alumni, Muruga Booker, plays drums. His musical history covers appearances at the original Woodstock, Jimi Hendrix, Jerry Garcia, Bob Dylan, and George Clinton, among many others. The intelligence found in Amy and William''s music should not be surprising as they come from a long line of scientists, including Gabriel Lippmann, winner of the 1906 Nobel Prize in Physics.
No two songs alike, the music is highly original in The White Raven''s unique style, and yet draws from a wide variety of current rock, classic rock and classical music influences and has been compared to the Beatles, the Doors, White Stripes, The Fiery Furnaces, Frank Zappa, and the Dresden Dolls, amongst others. A groundbreaking classic in the making - people who have purchased the CD listen to it over and over.
Voted Most Original Song for All Genres. Winner in the Indie Rock Category for Best Female Vocalist, Best Beat, Best Keyboards, Best Melody, Best Mood, Potential Soundtrack, Best Lyrics, Most Original Indie Rock (https://www.tradebit.com competitions weeks of September 24 and October 1, 2007).
The tracks on the CD are:
1. My Pocket – 2:51 A bouncy, up tempo rock with an unusual twist of mandolin and accordion, My Pocket is a jangly, lively song.
2. Peach Juice – 1:37 Described as, “liquid gold”, Peace Juice is a short, sweet shuffle, reminiscent of 1950’s pop, but with a distinctively modern sound.
3. Mr. Shonk – 2:39 Mr. Shonk is the new Monster Mash, a twisted take on classic rock sound. Written about a sadistic teacher, it features a “shark attack” introduction and a bluesy piano solo. It has been described on https://www.tradebit.com as, “the Dresden Dolls on crack.”
4. Strawberry Shrapnel – 2:39 Strawberry Shrapnel begins with a psychedelic organ introduction, and bursts into rock
5. Latin Song – 2:49 Fast paced rock, reminiscent of Sgt. Pepper era Beatles, the Latin song is fully orchestrated, featuring harpsichord, trumpet and tuba.
6. The Philosopher – 3:24 With upbeat, sardonic lyrics, The Philosopher has a pop-rock sound driven by fast, flowing harpsichord.
7. Purple Water – 1:40 Purple Water is evocative of a storm, heavy and dark. It is highlighted by echoing piano, and harsh reverberating drums.
8. So Sad – 2:46 So Sad is a sinister combination of a slow eerie introduction and a fast paced, flaming-hot piano solo. Coupled with sarcastic lyrics and gravelly vocals, this is a captivatingly creepy song.
9. The Comic Book Song 2:29 The Comic Book Song is a wistful, bittersweet song, written about the desire to live in the fantasy world of comic books. With flowing piano and lively vocals, the song has an innocently whimsical feel.
10. Clock Towers 3:12 - A purely instrumental piece, Clock Towers is a high-speed, rocking song. It features, an echoing, creepy piano.
This file is sold by music, an independent seller on Tradebit.