Sold by bargainhunterwarehouse on Tradebit The world's largest download marketplace 3,131,830 satisfied buyers
Flu prevention for kids
Flu prevention for kids
Flu is one of the most common childhood ailments. Occurring mostly during the months from November to March, this is a highly contagious viral infection of the lungs and the airways. It is an airborne disease. Children are often highly vulnerable to flu because they are often in a crowded situation where the sickness spreads quickly if even one child is sick. Whether it is at the school or day care centers or the playground, children come in contact with huge number of other people during the course of the day and have a high chance of catching the flu. Not only will this lead to highly uncomfortable cold, cough and fever, it can also result in serious complications like pneumonia and bronchitis. That is why it is necessary to take a few steps to prevent flu in children during the flu season.
8 tips for flu prevention for kids
Here are a few basic tips that you should follow to protect your kids from flu as much as possible:
1. Get your children regular flu vaccination, especially if they suffer from certain allergic conditions like asthma or diabetes or more serious conditions like carcinoma or immune deficiency disorders. It is also a good idea to get your children flu shots if they are exposed to crowded situations like school.
2. It is your responsibility to teach your kids healthy habits that will help to protect them against flu. The most important thing to know is to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water. This one healthy habit will go a long way towards preventing flu in children. They should use hand sanitizers only when soap and water is not available.
3. Teach your children to cover their mouths with tissues when they sneeze or cough and to dispose of the used tissue properly.
4. Keep your children away from crowded and congested areas during the flu season.
5. Do not allow sick people near your children. You need to keep in mind that children are more vulnerable to infection than adults.
6. Regularly air out the rooms of your children. Bed linens should be changed every other day.
7. Build up the immune system of your child with proper diet. Make sure they drink plenty of water and eat fresh fruits, veggies and adequate protein. This will help them to fight the infection even if they are exposed to it.
8. If you leave your child at a day care center, you need to scrutinize their facilities carefully. Otherwise this will be one of the most common places from which your child may catch the infection.
Take adequate and timely measures to prevent flu in your children
Flu can be a highly uncomfortable condition for your child. In some cases, influenza can assume a much more serious form and cause serious harm to your children. So, every year you should take timely measures including influenza vaccination to protect your children against this highly contagious disease.
For more great audio reports please visit bargainhunterwarehouse.tradebit.com
This file is sold by bargainhunterwarehouse, an independent seller on Tradebit.