Pocket Rough Guide New York City
Discover the best of New York City with this compact, practical, entertaining Pocket Rough Guide.
This slim, trim treasure trove of trustworthy travel information is ideal for short trip travellers, and covers all the key sights (Central Park, Statue of Liberty, MoMA and the Empire State Building), restaurants, shops, cafes and bars, plus inspired ideas for day-trips, with honest independent recommendations from expert authors.
- Practical travel tips: what to see and where to sleep, eat, drink and shop - Pocket Rough Guide New York City features specially selected recommendations for every taste and budget.
- Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our expert writers will help you make the most of your trip to New York.
-I ncisive area-by-area overviews: covering Soho and Tribeca, Chinatown, the Lower East Side, the Meatpacking District, Midtown, Harlem and more, the practical Places section provides all you need to know about must-see sights and the best places to eat, drink, sleep and shop.
- Time-saving itineraries: the routes suggested by Rough Guides' expert writers cover top attractions like the city's landmark museums and stores, and hidden gems like the High Line and the Brooklyn Flea.
- Day-trips - venture further afield to Queens, the Bronx or Staten Island. This tells you why to go, how to get there, and what to see when you arrive.
- Compact format: packed with pertinent practical information, this is a convenient companion when you're out and about exploring Manhattan.
- Handy pull-out map: with every major sight and listing highlighted, the pull-out map makes on-the-ground navigation easy.
Attractive user-friendly design: features fresh magazine-style layout, inspirational colour photography and colour-coded maps throughout.
Essentials: includes invaluable background information on how to get to New York City, getting around, health, tourist information, festivals and events, plus an A-Z directory and handy language section and glossary.
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides' list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.
Publisher: Rough Guides; 5 edition (June 1, 2019)