MP3 Malcolm Marchman - Resume
From early traditional to digital, a moving blues essay. The vocal and piano work of "Brother Malcolm" Marchman
The artwork by Juel Grant alone is worth you buying....
5 MP3 Songs
BLUES: Piano Blues, WORLD: World Traditions
1. "LININ TRACK"....an accapella railroad work song. It''s a song that has a life of it''s own and transcends it''s original purpose, which was to keep the work rhythm on a chain gang steady. Composed by Huddie Ledbetter
2. " RAG DOLL BLUES" is an original tune about abuse. It''s straight piano blues and you if really get it, you''ll here the fight that takes place in the solo. Though it was written and first perfomed some 30 years ago, I still remember the woman that this song was written about.
3. "SWEET WILLIE" is about the many piano teachers that I''ve known. Some of them didn''t play piano. When I was a kid, I''d go downtown to the music stores and sit at the Steinways, acting as if I could buy one. They would always make me go downstairs to the used section and I''d play the used uprights in the corner. That dont happen anymore.
This is a FAST BOOGIE, in the Jerry Lee tradition, and finally something to dance to.
4. "THIS WORLD IS BLUE" is modern electric blues. It has a message....it comes from the realization that these day, the blues are not neccesarily ethnic. The innovative yet traditional guitar solo is performed by Neil Marchman.
5. "FREEDOM".... another accapella, damn.. I still think we''re in the ''60''s.
Thanks to the the many who have bought my music worldwide. Thanks to the Alesis company for a keyboard that sounds the way I feel, and thanks to SKB for putting wheels on my case.