MP3 Max Tell - The Land of Graws
A playful walk down laughter lane where children are encouraged to sing and clap along with the stories, songs and poems. Ages 2-7.
15 MP3 Songs
KIDS/FAMILY: Children''s Storytelling, KIDS/FAMILY: General Children''s Music
Robert (Max Tell) Stelmach, writer of stories, singer of songs, was born in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada in 1945.
* He has three audio CDs available: the most recent of which is Dragon with a Flagon co-produced and accompanied by David Sinclair (a member of the Sarah McLachlan band since 1993, and with k.d. lang from 92-95).
* Other CDs include: A Fist of Bees and The Land of Graws
* Four of Max''s plays have been produced and many of his poems, short stories and articles have been published in small magazines.
* In 1991 his play, Wild Rose and Half Step was nominated for a Jessie Richardson Theatre Award for best Children''s Play of the Year.
* He edited the Vancouver Storytelling Circle Newsletter for three years.
* Max has toured South East Asia five times conducting workshops and telling his own stories and singing his own songs.
* He has performed at many festivals including The Vancouver Children''s Festival, The Vancouver Storytelling Festival (5 times) and the Singapore Storytelling Festival (4 times)
* He also teaches English as a Second Language.
* Max holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in theatre from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia;
* has a TESOL Diploma from Vancouver Community College licensing him to teach English as a Second Language;
* carried on graduate studies at the University of Nebraska; and studied
* creative writing at the Banff School of Fine Arts in Banff, Alberta, studying under W.O. Mitchell one of Canada''s finest novelists.
* Robert (Max Tell) Stelmach has two teenage children and lives in White Rock, British Columbia.