MP3 Deb & Doc - Let's Pretend
Original music and poetry that makes you smile, presented in a variety of styles including Rock, Latin, Country, Rap and more, with colorful arrangements and quality performances that entertain the whole family.
10 MP3 Songs in this album (35:17) !
Related styles: KIDS/FAMILY: General Children''s Music, KIDS/FAMILY: Educational
DEBRA (DEB) HUME: Vocals and Guitar, Art and Graphics
• Deb''s creative talents surfaced at an early age when she began to write and sing original songs and draw and paint pictures.
• By the time Deb began her college education she had already become a talented musician (singer, guitarist) and artist (cartoonist, watercolorist). She studied both music and art and graduated from California State University, Northridge with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
• Deb has performed as a singer and guitarist in the Los Angeles area. Her focus now is on painting, composing and recording in her home studio.
• Deb is a musician, artist, computer technician, and sound engineer.
CARLYLE (DOC) HUME: Vocals and Trumpet, Music, Lyrics and Arrangements
• The trumpet captured the attention and heart of Doc at an early age, and led him to a career in music.
• He has degrees from The University of Michigan (Doctor of Education/Trumpet Performance) and Indiana University (Master of Music, Bachelor of Music Education).
• Doc has taught at elementary, secondary and college levels, including professorships at the Conservatory of Music, Oberlin College, and Los Angeles Pierce College.
• As a trumpet performer Doc has played with numerous professional jazz and classical ensembles, including five years as a member of the San Diego Symphony.
• Doc has written songs, poems, and short stories for children, instrumental compositions and college textbooks.
• How did Carlyle become Doc? After receiving his doctorate, students began to address Professor Hume as Doctor Hume. Eventually the students gave him the nickname, “Doc.”