MP3 Kristen T. Clark - I'll Fly Away
This is an original song written about life from the perspective of a butterfly. The message is that even though you may be small or unimportant, it doesn''t mean you can''t do something significant in the world.
1 MP3 Songs in this album (4:07) !
Related styles: COUNTRY: Alt-Country, EASY LISTENING: Lounge
People who are interested in Miranda Lambert KT Tunstall Taylor Swift should consider this download.
“I guess I’ll never be a performer if I don’t take singing lessons!” exclaimed 6-year-old Kristen Clark after watching a Britney Spears documentary on television. Kristen’s focus suddenly changed from wanting to be a dancer to wanting to become a “performer”. She immediately embarked on learning several Shania Twain favourites in an effort to be prepared for performing on stage.
Living in rural Ontario, traveling to many music venues in Canada and more recently the United States, Kristen Clark’s sights are certainly set on one day becoming a major country music entertainer. She began performing when she was just 4 years old, step-dancing and singing at jamborees, benefits, fairs and many private functions.
From 2004 through 2006 Kristen’s bookings were constant, attending radio interviews, benefits, competitions and performances throughout Ontario. In 2007, she was invited to Music City USA—Nashville, during CMA Fest, where she performed at the Music City Bar and Grill, Lonnie’s Western Room and in a songwriter’s circle that was broadcast worldwide on NixaCountry Radio directly from Nashville. Early 2008 she was invited back to Nashville during CMA Fest to perform on three stages including “the Fuel”, and to do a “Meet and Greet” down at Riverfront Stages for her fans.
Kristen enjoys writing her own material using her guitars, home recording studio equipment and vocal abilities. She has begun experimenting with vocal harmonies and guitar picking and strives to evoke strong emotions in her lyrics. She has worked diligently with her vocal trainer Tara Lyn Hart (Sony), and her guitar teacher to further enhance her abilities and to prepare for her next project. Music has a huge impact on Kristen’s life and she thoroughly enjoys sharing it with her audiences, big or small. She hopes to one day be the star that everyone dreams of being, through hard work and dedication.
Kristen has recorded several CDs, her first entitled “New Beginnings” was a compilation of cover tunes from three different genres. With that completed, she concentrated on writing meaningful songs that really meant something to her, thus embarking on co-writing several songs with her parents, three of which were recorded on her first original 3-song CD called “Kisses To You”. Two of the songs are true to her life and one is very fictional. She was quite excited to walk into Music World at the local mall and see her CD sitting on the “New Releases” shelf for everyone to buy. The following November she also contributed to a compilation Christmas CD for the United Way.
As if that wasn’t enough, Kristen pressed on and wanted to deliver to her fans what they had been asking her for at her performances—a CD full of country classics. By June 2006 she delivered her 3rd CD to her fans entitled “Grand Ole Classics”, a 10-song CD full of country classics.
During her music career, Kristen has had numerous opportunities to perform with many country bands as well as on her own, and has been hired to provide sole entertainment. Following are a few of her
• The Fuel, 2nd & Broadway, NixaCountry’s World’s Largest Fan Club Party (CMA Fest), Nashville
• Opry Mills Mall, “15 Minutes of Fame” TV Show ‘Special Guest’ (CMA Fest), Nashville
• Music City Bar and Grill, “15 Minutes of Fame” TV Show, Nashville
• Songwriter''s Circle, Private BBQ, Broadcast worldwide by NixaCountry Radio (2 years), Nashville
• Sopranoz, Dark Horse Summer Reunion 2008, Springhill
• Lonnie''s Western Room, Printer''s Alley, Nashville
• NixaKidsCountry Internet Radio, Kids Country Showcase Spotlight, Munroe, Oregon
• CMT’s Chevy Cross Canada Countdown interview with Casey Clarke, Toronto
• Ontario Country Music Association Showcase, Gibson Artist Showroom, Toronto
• Peterborough Summer Festival of Lights – Canada Day Special Event (crowd exceeded 5,000 people), Peterborough
• KICX 104 FM New Country StarQuest Competition (top 10 finalist out of 97 bands), Barrie
• CJBQ 800 AM (Quinte Broadcasting) Live On-Air Performance, Belleville
• Rogers Cable TV Show, “Diggin’ Durham”, Featured Entertainer, Whitby
• Cogeco Cable TV Show, “Junction 28”, 1/2 hour acoustic performance featuring original songs, Peterborough
• CHEX TV Newswatch 5:30 Program (Corus Entertainment) broadcast across Canada, Peterborough
• CKOL 93.7 FM Radio, Live, 2-hr. performance from Campbellford Farmer’s Market, Campbellford
• Kristen Clark presents...A Magical Country Christmas, 2-hr. benefit show for Smitty''s Christmas Wish Foundation, Havelock
• Bell Walk for “Kids Help Phone” (Kristen Clark Benefit Concert, 2 years consecutive), Belleville/Ajax
• “Angels Among Us” Cancer Benefit (opening for Caroll Baker, 2 years consecutive), Belleville
• Peterborough Liftlock and the Riverboat Cruises (“Kristen Clark—An Evening of Country” 3- hr. cruise) and (“Kristen Clark’s Father’s Day Sweetheart Cruise” 2-hr. cruise), 2 years consecutive, Peterborough
• Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) Rising Star Competition, Toronto
• Private Birthday Party performing with world-renowned guitar player Steve Piticco, Cobourg
• Walmart, with The Eddie Coffey Group (https://www.tradebit.com Tour), Special Guest, Peterborough
Kristen is making her mark on the world and is steadily working on getting her music out there. 2007 and 2008 have been busy for Kristen recording and releasing four singles, “For The Magic of Christmas”, “I’ll Fly Away”, “I’m Missing You” and “Down The Winding Road”. “For The Magic of Christmas” was written for a 2-hr. benefit show Kristen hosted for a charity called “Smitty’s Christmas Wish Foundation”. After the show, the single was released to country radio stations coast-to-coast in Canada and was added by 20 stations in the first two weeks.
Kristen has taken an interest in being an advocate for children’s causes and has donated two benefit concerts to the Bell Walk for “Kids Help Phone” organization. She has also recently added The US Humane Society, Calling Cards for the Troops and the https://www.tradebit.com organization to her MySpace site in an effort to assist those in need.
Since her performances in Nashville during CMA Fest in June, Kristen is picking up the pace and is now putting major efforts into getting together a pretty rockin'' band so she can take her music ''to the next level''! To sum up her achievements in Kristen’s own words—“I just hope everyone enjoys my music and I can use it to help kids all over the world out somehow!”
• "For The Magic of Christmas", single, 2008, original country song written with Kristen as an annual Theme Song for the "Smitty''s Christmas Wish Foundation", in memory of the founder who died from Cancer. Released coast-to-coast in Canada, November 26, 2008.
• “I’ll Fly Away”, single, 2008, original country song written by Kristen about life from the perspective of a butterfly
• “I’m Missing You”, single, 2007, original country song written by Kristen about missing her brother
• “Down The Winding Road”, single, 2007, original country song written by Kristen about her long and boring bus ride
• “Grand Ole Classics”, includes 10 much-loved Classic Country songs such as “Blue Moon of Kentucky”, “Lovesick Blues”, “Crazy”, “Coal Miner’s Daughter”, “Daddy’s Hands”, “I Want To Be A Cowboy’s Sweetheart” and more..., 2006
• “Kisses To You”, 3 original country songs co-written by Kristen, including “Hold Me Tenderly”, “Kisses To You” and “Where’s Daddy”, 2004
• “New Beginnings”, 3-genres of covers, including “Maybe” from the movie Annie, “That Don’t Impress Me Much” (Shania Twain) and “Sk8er Boi” (Avril Lavigne), 2003
Visit https://www.tradebit.com for more information, or email kristenclark8@https://www.tradebit.com.