This file is not currently available to purchase on Tradebit
Sold by music on Tradebit The world's largest download marketplace 2,928,465 satisfied buyers
MP3 Brian Dring - Every Mother's Dream
Smooth jazz keyboards and guitar with elements of funk, Latin, acid jazz, and classical music.
9 MP3 Songs in this album (35:20) !
Related styles: JAZZ: Acid Jazz, JAZZ: Jazz-Funk
People who are interested in Herbie Hancock George Benson Joe Sample should consider this download.
"Every Mother’s Dream" is a re-release of the debut album but featuring eight brand new compositions and one remix...with influences ranging from funk to acid jazz, world music to classical. Also featured this time are two talented Connecticut vocalists, Keith Claiborne from New Haven and Nekita Waller from Bloomfield.
Originally from Montreal, keyboardist Brian Dring spent his formative years experiencing the city''s unique jazz and world-music scene.
Since moving to Connecticut, Brian has been playing R&B and jazz dates for 15 years, currently with the Bristol-based dance band "N2Wishin" and the "Langley Project" from New Haven.
Brian’s musical inspiration comes from jazz pianists Herbie Hancock and Joe Sample and such guitarists as George Benson and Norman Brown.
Some notes about the songs:
1) "A Song for Barry" - a smooth-jazz instrumental featuring keyboards and guitar that was written back in May 2008 for now-President Barack Obama.
2) "The Jazz Life" - a jazz vocal composition (featuring New Haven''s Keith Claiborne) that glorifies the spirit and nomadic lifestyle of a fictitious jazz artist from an earlier time.
3) "La Bruja" - a Cuban-flavored instrumental with touches of acid-jazz that goes out on a wave of ''son montuno.''
4) "One Mother''s Dream" - features alternating guitar-and-piano on this pensive acid-jazz theme backed by a percolating drum track.
5) "Funk O''Fry" - a funky wah-wah clavinet and a Fender Rhodes combine to drive this number directly inspired by Herbie Hancock''s Headhunters band.
6) "Snowfall" - a laid-back vibraphone riff introduces an idea that came to me during a sound-check on a cold January night.
7) "Lyrical" - a speedy little acid-jazz vocal (featuring Nekita Waller) whose ironic and boastful lyrics belie the unbridled ambition that all songwriters harbor deep down inside...yes, in places we don''t like to talk about.
8) "The Cherry Loop" - a New Orleans bounce over a vaguely Latin groove and a touch of accordion from ''La Rive Gauche''...the Cherry Loop was supposed to be a dance track that one day will include rap vocals.
9) "It''s Another Day" - jazzy neo-soul with hopeful positive lyrics for aspiring artists and anyone trying to overcome despair. A remix of a song from the first album, this time featuring Nekita Waller.
This file is sold by music, an independent seller on Tradebit.