MP3 Priscilla LaMarca Kandel - Musical Games For Travel, Home, & School
Get your Kids Moving, Thinking, and Making Music with these Fun Songs of Many Uses.
14 MP3 Songs in this album (46:55) !
Related styles: KIDS/FAMILY: Sing-Along/Interactive, KIDS/FAMILY: Educational
People who are interested in Linda Ronstadt Disney’s Little Mermaid Disney’s Belle should consider this download.
You’ve got to LOVE this Album where each song can serve many purposes and still be entertaining! Teachers and parents agree, keeping children’s minds and bodies involved in positive activities can be a challenge – but not when they are into these Song Activities. Get the Whole Album and your child will love you. (Think TEACHER GIFTS?) Check It OUT! Here’s what you can do with these songs:
1. Set a playful Sing-along tone on the La-la-las in this song until all the words are learned. A light, high voice is best for children to emulate. This Vocal Teacher of professional kids knows it''s fun to listen to fun male singers, but when it comes to singing, kids need this kind of voice in their ear.
2. Car travelling is tedious for kids, so have them look out the window and play this memory game while matching singing tones and enjoying the jazzy beats. Parents will enjoy this game, too. DON''T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT THIS! Play it again and again.
3. The Car Game is catchy, so why not add your own words to the framework given here. Make it silly, and adapt it to your location.
4. So we all know what the baseball song is – right - but not your little ones. They love to listen to the squeaky child voice here ask the dumb questions to understanding the game. Then sing along. For lap children, swing and move their arms to the counts, and creative words. Hear them squeal to hear it again and again.
5. Hide & Seek encourages singing along and counting to ten. Giggles, too.
6. Rhythm needs to be trained early in youngsters, and even musically challenged teachers and adults can use this track. Buy or make instruments and follow the simple instructions to creating beats that work with many songs. It''s great in parties or classrooms of 6 or more kids. If you’re musical, write out the note patterns to be read with the song.
7. Using the previous lesson, you can “rock out” or march using the same beats to a great new song that plays all of the instruments above with variations on the theme song. For schools, this makes a great show for the parents, or fun on the road.
8. “God Bless America” should be in every child’s repertoire. Not only are the words clearly sung for them to emulate, but they can play their rhythm instruments to another great song.
9. If you are studying “Indians” or want to foster a steady beat in your child, this is the song for you. Make a Drum. Then play along hitting the first beat louder than the next 3 beats per measure. Midway in the song, little ones like identifying all the animals that are heard. Older children can draw the Indian scene with all the weather and animals heard. Very multifunctional!
10. “Happy Birthday” is included between some other neat original lyrical interactions that can be used for anyone’s birthday. The special child gets a cake baked by other guests, and even gets to take a bow at the end. Boogie, baby! Then use all the next songs at the party.
11. Many children don’t know what a lassie or laddie is. Use this as a geography lesson to go along with coordination exercise as the children learn to move Right and Left with all parts of their body.
12. Pretending to be a Puppet gives more motor skills and Right and Left practice. There’s even a freestyle dance included. You’ll have fun with this one!
13. Balloons go flying everywhere in the air, and this songe tells when and how to do other neat things with balloons. It’s pretty floating music, too.
14. If only all children AND adults would realize their imagination can do it all. The world needs more thinkers. This song is great for relaxing, dreaming, or for those who are bedridden. Drawing pictures to this song can unleash many thoughts.
Priscilla is a local and CA State AWARD WINNING MUSICIAN, Teacher, Composer, Performer. With 30+ years of experience teaching kids and adults, performing at Disneyland, World Expos, Celebrity Events, and Commercials, she is happy to share her fun ideas of teaching and songs with you. For more info about her, check out her resume on her other albums listed with CD Baby.