MP3 Beloved Binge - Other Places
Rubble pop rooted in punk pot infused with a hint of old Greek mountain village uprising.
15 MP3 Songs
POP: Quirky, ROCK: Punk
Beloved Binge went to the courthouse following a soy-White Russian-inspired marriage proposal from Rob Beloved. The band formed in Seattle in 2003, relocating to Durham, N.C. late in 2005 to be closer to Greece and for ease of East coast touring.
The two members have quite different styles. Eleni Binge’s songs are infused with a hint of old Greek mountain village uprising; Rob Beloved was once told by Ms. Binge’s Greek uncle: “Your songs are too depressing.” Together they play rubble pop rooted in a punk pot.
Rob Beloved: Guitar, Vocals, Drumset / / Eleni Binge: Guitar, Vocals, Drumset, Bouzouki, Hammond Organ, Pretend Goat Toes.
Before Beloved Binge:
Eleni grew up around classical musicians singing x-mas music harmonies with her mother on long trips to California. According to her mother, she sang “Frère Jacques” at age 3. On Dad-Day Sundays she listened to old Greek songs in a van played from an ash-covered tape recorder.
Rob picked up a guitar at 11 and promptly learned every Metallica song available. He grew up listening to the Beatles and the Doors, which explains his uncanny ability to sing “Riders in the Storm” at karaoke bars.
About the album, Other Places:
Other Places was recorded at Zero Return Studios in Atlanta, GA. An analog recording was sought to better capture the warmth and simplicity of their sound. Their engineer was such an analog-enthusiast that the computer in the console booth had to be removed before he arrived to avoid disturbing him. Other Places is an amalgamation of songs written during Beloved Binge’s transformation from one lifestyle to another.
Beloved Binge is motivated by those willing to strip down to nothing and flash them what’s inside. They also want to help reduce suffering brought on by modern agriculture.
Beloved Binge will be on tour from August – October 2006 in the US and Europe in support of their new release Other Places.
* “If Lee Ranaldo and Fontaine Toups had wed, Beloved Binge…would have been their Teen Beat babies.” –Indy Weekly, from Music Worth Leaving the House For, 7/2.
* "This CD is totally wacky in a good way. Its completely different then anything going on in the Seattle scene right now. Its great and fun to listen to with witty and sometimes political and dare I say philosophical lyrics. There’s always whistling and various instruments that are out of the standard drums, guitar, bass though those are present." --Artsy Noise: https://www.tradebit.com
* “Enter Beloved Binge, a Seattle three piece (who at times sound like several more pieces) In the dish they serve up you’ll find some Firehouse, Pixies, Violent Femmes, and some quirkiness that’s all their own...Happy I am to report that, indeed, Beloved Binge bring the rock.” --Editor, Herbivore Magazine: https://www.tradebit.com
* "Beloved Binge...is a joy to listen to alone, with friends, or while being political." --Judy Nicastro, former Seattle City Councilwoman
* "Your music is hard to follow." --Dancer at local show.