MP3 Rich Smith - Piano Sampler With A Rich Twist
Classical, ragtime, traditional, and fun solo piano music.
24 MP3 Songs
CLASSICAL: Traditional, JAZZ: Ragtime
PIANO SAMPLER WITH A RICH TWIST
Rich Smith''s second CD, "Piano Sampler with a Rich Twist," Solo piano music performed and produced by Rich Smith:
A tasteful mix of classical, ragtime, traditional, and fun music, whether it''s for your home, your office, your travels, your friends, or your parties, this is a great easy listening CD to fill a variety of needs!!!
CD cover illustration by Lee Gorman Smith
CD black & white photo by Maki Komura (not pictured on this page)
1. Fur Elise - Ludwig van Beethoven 2:11
2. Alla Turca (from Sonata K. 331) - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart 3:21
3. Improv on Rachmaninov''s Var. 18 in his Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini (Opus 43) - Sergei Rachmaninov / Nicolo Paganini / Rich Smith 5:20
4. Solfeggio - Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach 0:57
5. Prelude No. 1 (from Well-Tempered Clavier Vol. 1) - Johann Sebastian Bach 1:30
6. "Minute" Waltz (Opus 64, No. 1) - Frederic Chopin 1:45
7. "Rainbow" Etude (Opus 25, No. 1) - Frederic Chopin 2:37
8. Danny Boy (Improv) - Traditional / Rich Smith 3:42
9. Maple Leaf Rag - Scott Joplin 2:47
10. Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring (from Cantata 147) - Johann Sebastian Bach 1:25
11. Come, Sweet Death (Komm, Susser Tod) - Johann Sebastian Bach 2:28
12. Moonlight Sonata (1st Movement, Op. 27, No. 2) - Ludwig van Beethoven 5:14
13. Morceau en forme d’etude (Opus 22, No. 1) - H. A. Wollenhaupt 1:24
14. America the Beautiful (Improv) - Traditional / Rich Smith 4:25
15. The Entertainer - Scott Joplin 4:09
16. On the Beautiful Blue Danube (Op. 314) (Improv) - Johann Strauss, Jr. / Rich Smith 2:32
17. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot (Improv) - Spiritual / Rich Smith 3:01
18. In the Hall of the Mountain King (Improv) - Edvard Hagerup Grieg / Rich Smith 1:49
19. The Easy Winners - Scott Joplin 4:08
20. El Jarabe Tapatio (Mexican Hat Dance) (Improv) - Mexican / Rich Smith 2:45
21. Amazing Grace (Improv) - Spiritual / Rich Smith 3:16
22. William Tell Overture (Finale only) (Improv) - Gioacchino Antonio Rossini / Rich S. 3:27
23. When the Saints Go Marching in (Improv) - Traditional / Rich Smith 3:03
24. Improv on an International Theme (a.k.a. "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star") - Rich Smith 4:37
CD total playing time: 72:55
All tracks P & © 2000 Rich Smith / Rich Smith Music (ASCAP) except Track 3: Rich Smith / BOOSEY & HAWKES, INC. OBO RACHMANINOFF
''Bravo to the virtuosity and fine musicianship in this new collection of old piano favorites. Rich wows the listener with his extreme ranges from the dramatic to the delicate, the serious to the light hearted, all performed flawlessly in what has become a unique Rich Smith style. There is rich creativity in these interpretations, often whimsical, but always with a sensitivity to the original piece and a desire to take it that step further into the Rich Smith artistry and "Twist."''
~ Lee Gorman Smith, Vero Beach, FL
''Simply superb! "Piano Sampler with a Rich Twist" is nothing less than a showcase of just how talented Rich Smith truly is. In this CD, he was able to tackle some of the most difficult and well-known classical songs while, at the same time, showing a great depth of understanding, creativity, and thorough enjoyment which makes this CD nothing short of amazing. I can''t wait for his next composition!''
~ Robert Hochberger, Long Beach, CA
''BRAVO, he did it AGAIN!!!
"Piano Sampler with a Rich Twist," is simply "wonderful"! Playing such versatile music so perfectly proves (once more) Rich Smith''s excellent capabilities!!!
~ Liviana Mungai, Long Beach, CA
''I love "Piano Sampler with a Rich Twist." The selection of pieces is wonderful and Rich''s performances of them are outstanding. I can sense the enjoyment he''s having while playing them.''
~ Ernie Smith, Vero Beach, FL
Rich Smith has enchanted audiences with his impressive piano and vocal performances since the age of 6. His effortless, improvisational style of playing and his passion for music are currently drawing much attention. His repertoire is varied and extensive, including classical, jazz, blues, new age, traditional, and original songs and compositions. His solo piano CD''s, THE GIANT FOREST, PIANO SAMPLER WITH A RICH TWIST, 3rd STREET IMPROV, and AUGUST SKY, have received much critical acclaim.
Rich grew up in Wellesley, Massachusetts and joined the U.S. Air Force in 1989. It was during this time that he won the AF''s Worldwide Talent Competition and was selected to become a pianist for the Air Force''s renowned "Tops in Blue", performing with Bob Hope and receiving standing ovations all over the world. This international tour included shows in the United States, Italy, Japan, Germany, Greece, Spain, Romania and the United Kingdom.
Upon honorary completion of his four year enlistment, Rich attended Berklee College of Music in Boston. He graduated in 1996 and moved to Los Angeles, California to pursue his career as a performer and composer. Since that time, he has written several musical scores, including the soundtrack for the independent film, LOAVES. Excerpts from his music have been featured in several television commercials.
Rich''s talents are extensive. As an instrumentalist he plays piano, keyboards, guitar, clarinet, saxophone, and electric bass. The sounds of his piano music have graced such clients as the Producers Guild of America, Premiere Radio Networks, and Sony Pictures Entertainment. He owns and operates his own recording studio, which was designed by him. He tunes and maintains his own concert grand pianos, and client pianos. Rich has provided services for recordings of acclaimed session pianists Terry Trotter (Natalie Cole, "Everybody Loves Raymond"), Ron Feuer (Ernie Watts, Diana Ross, Elvis Presley, Gary Burton), George Cables (Sonny Rollins, Dizzy Gillespie, Sarah Vaughn), Tamir Hendelman (Jeff Hamilton Trio), Mark Le Vang (Frank Marocco, Tony Galla), and others. With a creative eye for art passed on from his talented and successful mother, Lee Gorman Smith, Rich is also a graphic designer for his own projects and for many independent fellow musicians including Ron Sorensen produced by Charles Floyd (conductor of over 500 orchestras with such artists as K.D. Lang and Patti LaBelle). When Rich is not at work composing, recording, designing or tuning, he can often be seen performing in the Los Angeles area, trying out new material on unsuspecting crowds.
Rich was quoted in the LA Times by Joseph Hanania: "My soul feels like a freight train, pushing me to do the music.... There are some things I don''t have to question, I just know. Music is one of them. Even if I lost my hands, I''d find a way to play."
QUOTES ABOUT RICH SMITH
''From the first time I watched Rich Smith perform, it''s so memorable and unforgettable that the impact lasted. It''s like when you see a movie and it stays with you for a lifetime. His music possesses a very strong sense of melodic flow, though improvised, as if it was played many times before. I''ve never seen anything like it. It''s soaring, mesmerizing, amazing!''
~ Guy Marshall, Los Angeles Producer
''Rich Smith is an exemplary pianist/composer whose music excites me with every stroke of the keys. His music is varied and wonderful. Go see him!''
~ Mark Ferber, Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
''Rich Smith has the ability to move audiences with his improvisations like I''ve never seen before!''
~ Paul Tavenner, Los Angeles Producer