MP3 Ruptus Jack - ROCK: Hard Rock
New "Balls-Up" rock album from Ruptus Jack - Auckland, New Zealand. 13 Tracks that will get you up off your ass and get dancing.
14 MP3 Songs
ROCK: Hard Rock, ROCK: Progressive Rock
Since forming in 2000, Ruptus Jack has racked up a list of non-achievements. Most notably, over the past five years:
* FAILED to sound anything like country and western
* FAILED to be granted New Zealand On Air funding three times
* FAILED to perform as support act for a wide range of international and local acts, including: Incubus, A Perfect Circle, Audioslave, Velvet Revolver and Shihad and the Big Day Out
* FAILED to remain sober at any event
* FAILED to become a barber shop quartet due to having five members
SOMEWHAT REMARKABLY, Ruptus Jack has succeeded in:
* OPENING FOR NOBODY IN PARTICULAR. In fact, the band’s highest-paid gig ever was at Auckland’s Unitec. Set to support Opshop, Lucid 3 and Gramsci, due to a power failure they never made it onto the stage — noise control shut down the show before Ruptus Jack’s set.
* PLAYING 12 GIGS in 30 days all over the country in 2004 and:
* DRINKING 14 BOTTLES of Jägermeister in 12 days,
* TESTING 25 DIFFERENT BEERS (1200 bottles in total) on tour;
* WINNING “OFFICIAL PETROL STATION PIE CONNOISSEUR STATUS” (Gas Station Cuisine magazine), 2004
* SUFFERING A NEAR MUGGING in Rotorua while trying to tag the town with stickers, until their beer force-field repelled the prospective assailants
* LOSING ALL THEIR OWN MERCHANDISING outside an Auckland venue
* PARTICIPATING IN UNIVERSITY ORIENTATION gigs in 2002, 2003 and 2005
* RECEIVING GREAT REVIEWS from NZ Musician, Rip It Up, In Unison, Time Off
* RECORDING WITH ZERO FUNDING (band members were to be found queuing at various ATMs and sperm banks) their first single “Amnesia” with Malcolm Foster (ex-Simple Minds’ and Pretenders’ bassist) as producer in October 2003; “And I” with Kiwi Producer Stephen Ward in October 2004; Their Debut 7 track mini Album titled “Roses and French Lessons” including their third Single “Not Later Now” in June 2005 with Stephen Ward and Andrew Buckton
* PRODUCED their debut full length album in 2007. Recorded with Lance Powell at a secret Auckland location
* FILMING THEIR FIRST SELF-FUNDED VIDEO for And I (in October 2004) and their second self-funded video for Not Later Now with Andrew Sorensen/Off Ramp Productions in 2005
* RECEIVING AIRPLAYS ON LOCAL RADIO STATION The Rock, as well as Juice TV and C4 and Coke Releases
* SCORING SPONSORSHIP with none other than Jägermeister.
* PERFORMING LIVE on ‘Good Morning’ twice in a row and Maori TV’s “Coast”
* SUCCEEDED IN PLACING “NOT LATER NOW” ON THE KIWI MUSIC CD featured in the September 2005 issue of UK magazine Rocksound.
* OPENING FOR ROCK LEGENDS DEEP PURPLE on their New Zealand Tour in 2006
* TOURING AUSTRALIA with Melbourne Band Tenpenny Joke in 2006 and touring with them around New Zealand
WARNING: Do NOT let the members of this band near your daughters, as they have been seen drinking in public and are rated as “uneasy on the eye”.
Ruptus Jack’s manager has so far consistently failed to achieve most of the band’s goals. Instead, she constantly drinks their beer and is now “confiscating” the Jägermeister bottles.