This file is not currently available to purchase on Tradebit
Sold by music on Tradebit The world's largest download marketplace 3,078,695 satisfied buyers
MP3 Donald Mitchell - A Complex Simplicity
Time capsule of the artist''s original vintage 80''s & 90''s rock, pop and blues songs remastered from the reel-to-reel archive.
12 MP3 Songs in this album (60:58) !
Related styles: ROCK: Classic Rock, BLUES: Blues-Rock
People who are interested in Cream Creedence Clearwater Revival should consider this download.
The album "A Complex Simplicity" represents a review of some of the artist''s earliest compositions and recordings dating back to the late 1970''s. Captured from reel-to-reel tapes and mastered to digital, the songs display a high degree of songsmanship, musicality, humour, and exuberance that is often lacking in today''s music. The 12 songs include the genres of pop, rock, blues, and light jazz; summarized as follows:
1. Destiny: Orchestral guitar rock instrumental with heavy downbeat juxtaposed against a strong upbeat in a tense contest for dominance.
2. Whisky River: Blues-rock rumba that segues to the bayou. Lyrically confronts alcohol abuse.
3. Sell Your Soul: Funk-rock spoof about an A&R director trying to sign a rock band during the disco era.
4. Prisoners of Tomorrow: Pop ballad about forlorn, separated lovers.
5. My Silent Rage: Arena-rock anthem of suppressed rage from love’s betrayal. A gutsy bass supports the empassioned vocal and lead guitar solos.
6. Carolina: Moderate tempo blues addresses divorce with wry humor.
7. One Love: Progressive pop-rock ballad celebrating love’s passion.
8. Crying Game: Jumpy-beat pop song about the non-committal male personae.
9. Homeless Person Blues: Unconventional blues ballad about the tragedy of the homeless.
10. Submission: Gothic ballad sympathetic to the loss of a woman’s self-identity performed by Melissa Mitchell (Don’s daughter).
11. Sweet Baby’s Coming Home: Pop-rock / country ballad set to a train-like syncopation addressing forgiveness and reconciliation.
12. Dirty Looks: Light bossa nova jazz with shared bass and guitar leads. Mock-serious lyrics about false accusations and political demagoguery.
The performers on the album are:
Joseph White - Drums
Melissa Mitchell - Vocals
Donald Mitchell - Vocals, Guitar & Bass
This file is sold by music, an independent seller on Tradebit.