MP3 KNiKi - Stained
KNiKi''s debut album titled Stained is aggressive yet sensual, powerful, dark, uplifting and real.
12 MP3 Songs
POP: Power Pop, ROCK: Modern Rock
KNiKi''s debut album titled Stained is aggressive yet sensual, powerful, dark, uplifting and real. Utilisation of the internet has been the primary vehicle for the promotion of her music. An extensive internet network has been developed with KNiKi achieving considerable success in many competitions in a relatively short period of time (see attached Achievement Sheet). As a direct result of this promotion music industry personal in both the UK and US have indicated an interest in KNiKi''s music resulting in two publishing offers from the US, current promotion by Medicine Music in the UK and radio airplay in Costa Rica, Argentina, USA and Australia. A recent (April 2004) review by Kevin Matthews from FUFKIN Music describes KNiKi''s music as follows:
KNiKi''s Stained (Self-released) Aussie siren promises much with her "come hither" sleeve imagery and to her credit, this compilation of funk-infused, soulful pop numbers is able to stand on its own merits. Smoldering with the vocal passion of a young Eartha Kitt, Kniki wraps her not inconsiderable larynx around strong material like the feisty "Ain''t No Cruise," strident "Give Me Wings" and pleasing "Temptation." More than meets the eye for sure. https://www.tradebit.com
The following is a review (June 2003) from Tim Marcoe of Entronics LLC in the US:
"With generous portions of mainstream rock, blues and a small pinch of dance. KNiKi has the perfect mix to spice up the bland din that our ears have been bombarded with. KNiKi''s style and voice gives her music life along with her hard hitting lyrics and great delivery. There is a sort of raw expressive angst that KNiKi has obviously perfected to a fine art. When you listen to KNiKi''s music the first thing you notice is her fabulous voice that grabs you and holds your attention. The next thing that you notice is her lyrics that paint vivid mental images. Her new CD, Stained starts strong and then goes up from there. With songs like GIVE ME WINGS, that really shows off her edgy and expressive voice and AIN''T NO CRUSE, which is an "in your face" look at a relationship that has gone sour. Believe me, if you''re not tapping your feet and snapping your fingers by the end of this CD then check you pulse because you''re dead. This CD could get accountants and computer programmers to get up and dance".
The following evaluation was carried out by Phil Gibbs (Phil Gibbs Promotes) at the request of Chick Holland (Lahaina Recording Studios) in the United Kingdom:
"KNiKi Saleeba A+
Very good, definite A list material, musical influences from Anastasia through to Sheryl Crow. This would be a pleasure to be involved with".
Currently KNiKi is involved in collaboration projects with musicians in the US and Europe utilising her talents in the areas of songwriting and vocals. KNiKi supports and is supported by the Australian Songwriters Association (ASA) and you can catch her performing at the ASA''s Wax Lyrical nights in various venues around the city of Perth.
KNiKi''s is currently working on her next album which will be due for release at the end of 2004.
KNiKi''s music offers a variety not often achieved by original artists however her on stage energy is a definite strength and needs to be experienced to fully appreciate the potential of KNiKi''s music. Following are review KNiKi has received from one of her peers:
"I''m sure it won''t be long before we see you at the top. I listened to Emulate My Love and a few others on your profile, although I wander around in a different genre of songwriting I have always been impressed with those that can grasp the immediate and make todays sound their own, you are doing just that, keep up the good work". ken
Most Recent Achievements
* KNiKi''s (Apr/May 2004) 4 songs currently receiving airplay on rotation on Mid West Bands Radio USA.
* KNiKi''s (Apr/May 2004) currently receiving airplay & listed in the Top 40 on New Artist Radio USA.
* KNiKi''s (Jan/Feb 2004) currently receiving airplay on FM Rock & Po 97.7 MHZ - Santa Fe Argentina.
* KNiKi''s (Nov/Dec 2003) Currently receiving airplay on Ison Live radio https://www.tradebit.com.
* KNiKi''s (Nov 2003) has been offered another publishing deal by Cooch Music in the USA, for her song Broken Love, after achieving a second place in their competition.
* KNiKi''s (August 2003) song Ain''t No Cruise was a finalist in the Unisong song competition.
* KNiKi (August 2003) has been posted on the Best Female Musician''s site https://www.tradebit.com.
* KNiKi (August 2003) has recently been interviewed on Twin Cities FM radio (89.7).
* KNiKi (July 2003) has recently appeared on Access 31 television.
* KNiKi''s (July 2003) debut album Stained was successfully launched at Mojo''s in Fremantle.
* KNiKi (June 2003) has had several write ups in local papers and on the internet and KNiKi''s debut album Stained is currently being sold in several record stores around Perth.
* KNiKi''s (May 2003) Stained made it into the finals, best vocalist category, with the Online Rock Festival competition.
* KNiKi''s (May 2003) song Someone achieved an Honourable Mention in the Pop/Rock section of the Andelle Music Competition (1 of only 3 songs to attain this achievement).
* KNiKi (May 2003) has been offered a publishing deal by Cooch Music in the USA, for her song Give Me Wings, after achieving an Honourable Mention in their competition.
* KNiKi (May 2003) is currently collaborating on several projects with Tim Marcoe of Entronics LLC in the US with the view of producing a second album together.
* KNiKi''s (May 2003) music is now receiving rotational playing time on the Struzzin Music Company''s internet radio station in the USA and has done a live telephone interview with Struzzin.
* KNiKi''s (May 2003) web page has recently been included on the Unknownindies site in the USA https://www.tradebit.com.
* KNiKi''s (April 2003) 3 songs progressed to the semi finals of the Andelle Music Competition.
* KNiKi''s (April 2003) song Pulsing Beat came 3rd in the Dance Section of the Billboard Song Competition.
* KNiKi (March 2003) was a finalist in the Andelle Music Competition with 9 songs.
* KNiKi''s (March 2003) song Temptation was selected as a Semi Finalist in the Songlounge Song Competition.
* KNiKi''s (February 2003) song Give Me Wings was selected as an Honourable Mention Winner at the Cooch Music Amateur Song Writing Contest.
* KNiKi''s (February 2003) song Pulsing Beat came 4th in the Dance Section of the Australian Songwriters Association Inc. competition.
* KNiKi''s (January 2003) songs are now receiving good air play on 8 Costa Rican radio stations after a promotional package was sent to Bruce Callow for distribution in that country.
* KNiKi''s (January 2003) songs Stained and Someone were chosen (from of over 1200 entries) as category finalists in the 2002 UK Songwritng Competition.
* KNiKi''s (January 2003) song Emulate My Love will be played on the Go-Girls Radio station.
* KNiKi''s (November 2002) song Broken Love was chosen and played on Song Lounge. Reviews were posted on the Song Lounge Review Board.
* KNiKi''s (September 2002) songs Emulate My Love and Stained have been selected to go into the music library of TXT ME TV a TV Channel in the UK.
* KNiKi''s (September 2002) songs Temptation and Pulsing Beat were chosen with 300 other songs (out of 9000 submissions) to be included on the MPX Data Base.
* KNiKi''s (September 2002) song Emulate My Love chosen by Tonos in one of their industry opportunities.
* KNiKi''s (August 2002) song Someone was included on a compilation album with Gotham Records and sent to the 2002 Popkomm Festival in Germany.
* KNiKi''s (August 2002) song Baby achieved 5th out of 115 entrants in the GGM 2002 song contest.