MP3 The Flow - Dada
The Flow combines acoustic guitar, turntables, beatbox, percussion, world instruments and anything else they can get their hands on with lyrics that fit like puzzle pieces to deliver music that... well, FLOWS. Some tracks are East Coast Hip Hop, others a
12 MP3 Songs
HIP HOP/RAP: East Coast, ROCK: Acoustic
Like the Big Bang''s creation of the universe, nature has always shown that beauty flows from discord, conflict, and happy accidents. The simultaneous simplicity and complexity of the music of The Flow attests to this fact.
The Flow has already achieved success in recognition of its pop sensibilities and downright hummable songs that you can''t get out of your head:
* The album was featured on the soundtrack MTV''s The Real World Las Vegas.
* "Grey" was chosen for the opening sequence of FOX''s drama Still Life in the Spring of 2004.
* The album has garnered airplay on over 100 college stations and was a CMJ Most Added Title. The album is also receiving spins on commercial stations across the country, including stations such as WHFS Washington D.C. and WBCN Boston MA.
* The song "Disposable Hero" was featured in the independent film "Cell Phones and Action Figures" by filmmaker Josh Mitchell. The film was part of the New England Film Festival and was recently picked up by the Independent Film Channel.
* The Flow showcased at and was on the compilation CD of the NEMO Music Conference and were showcased at the Eat''M and NXNE conferences.
* The song "Disposable Hero" was featured in the ending sequence of RideBMX magazine''s video IN THE LIFE.
* The Flow appeared on an independent radio broadcast called "The Studio". Covering much of the Northeastern US, the show is syndicated or being test marketed on over 30 college and commercial stations.
Having been passed the torch of American Musical Popcraft, Aaron Berkson creates beauty from dissimilar elements. Aaron, frontman and songwriter of The Flow, adds a very modern twist to his approach to pop music and mixes world music and turntablism into The Flow''s beautiful pop stew.
The other creative forces of The Flow span the world from different backgrounds and influences, producing music that just plain rocks. BABA (beatboxer and rapper) has collaborated with DJ Logic and recently released his own album on Velour Records. His gift for free-styling, beatboxing rhythms and hip hop moves add to The Flow''s energy on stage. ALEC BERLIN (lead guitar) lends his tasty chops to the mix. A graduate of the New England Conservatory, Alec''s jazz background and his musical sensibility strengthens the whole. DAN VONNEGUT (drums and cousin of famed author Kurt) delivers the backbeat also with a strong and steady jazz background. JOSEF PELLETIER (bass) has been rocking the swing world with his band Jet Set Six. Nelson Abbot a.k.a. DJ PROFESSOR ROCKWELL was in the LA band Bolt Upright on Sony/550 Records before joining The Flow. Percussion virtuoso YOUSIF SHERONICK lends a Middle Eastern flavor. He also plays in Ethos who have brought their avant garde chamber music to Carnegie Hall.
Live on stage the energy comes across with sensuous pleasure and delight.
We dare you to get "Disposable Hero", "Dada Dada", and "Boy" out of your head...
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT THE FLOW
"After listening to Dada I can see why it has been gaining lots of attention through college radio airplay and has even given the band a spot on the soundtrack for MTV''s Real World Las Vegas. As far as I''m concerned, it''s only a matter of time before everyone gets swept up in The Flow. "
- C.E. Pelc, FM SOUND
"The songs are great, the band is great."
- Richard Gottehrer, songwriter, famed producer of Blondie and the Go-Gos, and co-founder of Sire Records
"[Frontman] Aaron Berkson is a very talented guy...this is good stuff."
- Eddie Kramer, legendary producer / engineer of artists including Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and KISS, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Peter Frampton, Carly Simon, and David Bowie
"What I will bet on is that this lot blow up and become one of the biggest bands in America... What ''Dada'' is, is a very good pop record...If you don''t like your music warm, thoughtful and very hummable, then this won''t be for you. "
- Paul Savage, PUNKTASTIC
"They are likely to hit major success as their harmonies and talents are vast. At the heart of their sound is a strong understanding of American rock and how it tingles the soul."
- Brian, FUN GAME MASSIVE
"If the current success of the Flow can be attributed to anything, it is most certainly [ lead singer ] Berkson himself...His distinctively sweet (and young) voice give the songs their sugar-coated pop feel even when the music dips into electronic and hip-hop territories."
- Patrick Schabe, POP MATTERS
"The kids like The Flow, as is apparent to their recent success on the CMJ music charts and buzz on college radio...The first track ''Disposable Hero'' is just damn catchy and I was packing my bags to jump on ''The Flow'' bandwagon."
- Ben Matulich, ACTION ATTACK HELICOPTER
"Some Bad Muthas!" -- Jonah Jones, Jazz Trumpet Legend