MP3 Mark Weakland - Mr. Sounds
Featuring the sounds of a hippo in a snowstorm, a gigantic and fantastic dooflicky machine, and a singing slug, Mr. Sounds serves up an acoustic mix of folk, rock, jazz and bluegrass for all ages.
Mr. Sounds features storytelling that leaves plenty of
12 MP3 Songs
KIDS/FAMILY: General Children''s Music, FOLK: Folk Blues
* 2002 - Finalist in the John Lennon Song Writing Contest for the song Dooflicky Machine
* 2001 - Parents'' Choice Approved Medal for the CD Little Animals
* 2001 - Finalist in the USA Song Writing Contest For the song Squirrel and Nut
* 1998 -Top 10 winner in the John Lennon Song Writing Contest for the song BedBug Bounce
* 1997 - Parent''s Choice Silver Medal for the CD Pajama Jammin'' (with the Family Arts Theatre)
Musician: Playing everything from funk to classical, Mark has played for and recorded with over 40 artists and performing arts groups. He''s helped open for national artists such as Rusted Root, The Band, Dave Mason, and jazz greats John Faddis, Emily Remler and John Blake. Mark''s appearanced at numerous Western PA venues for children and families, including The Johnstown Folk Festival. His music has been featured on WYEP (91.5 FM) and on WRCT''s award-winning public radio program, The Saturday Light Brigade, and his composition Child of Wonder (orchestration and arrangement by Nathan Santos) was premiered in 2003 by the Johnstown Symphony Orchestra.
Teacher, Educational Consultant and Author: Mark has worked with children and teachers for almost 15 years. He''s presented throughout Pennsylvania and New York on ways of using music, drama and movement in early childhood, elementary and secondary classrooms. Mark''s book/music package Rap It Up is published by Academic Communications. Kagan Publishing publishes his second book, The Dramatically Different Classroom (with Christine Laitta).